SIERRA NEVADA PERFORMING ARTS ASSOCIATION
The Sierra Nevada Performing Arts Association (SNPAA) offers Scholarships to talented students pursuing a college or university degree, or equivalent, in the Performing Arts. To be eligible, the applicant must be in the last semester or have graduated from a high school in Northern Nevada. The intent of our Scholarships is to recognize hard work and to assist students with completion of higher education. To receive a Scholarship, a high school applicant must have been accepted to a 4-year college, university or equivalent. Students already at a college, university or equivalent may also apply for a SNPAA Scholarship provided they meet all other requirements. Scholarships awarded by the Board of Directors of SNPAA generally range from $500 – $2,000. Please be aware that any money awarded to a student by the SNPAA Board of Directors must be used within the subsequent academic year at the institution of the student’s choice. The money is sent directly to that institution to help defray the cost of tuition and/or books.
The process to apply for a SNPAA Scholarship has two steps. Information is requested of applicants both online as well as by mail or e-mail.
First, complete the online application by June 1, 2024.
Second, ensure the following required hard copy information is mailed and postmarked/or scanned and e-mailed by July 7, 2024:
- An up-to-date high school transcript. University transcript, if applicable. Both to indicate coursework and Grade Point Average. Note: An overall GPA of 2.5 or higher and 3.0 or higher in Performing Arts courses are required for consideration.
- A brief essay of no more than one typed page describing personal challenges, achievements and future plans.
- If still in high school, a copy of the college, university or equivalent acceptance letter.
- Three (3) references that can vouch for your personal character. At least two (2) should be from your high school or university, if applicable.
- A current clear color photo of yourself. You may email it to: email@example.com
Send all of the above by mail to Sierra Nevada Performing Arts Association, 1188 California Avenue, Reno, NV 89509 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your online application completed by June 1, 2024, will be combined with the hard copy information you ensure is mailed and postmarked/or scanned and e-mailed by July 7, 2024 to determine eligibility.
Thank you for applying and good luck!